for the past few months, people have been asking me one or more of the following questions:
1. how's school?
2. do you like it?
3. so...what do you guys even do there?
4. how come you don't sleep?
5. can i see your projects?
6. do you ever have free time...ever?
the answers, in brief, are:
1. intense, challenging, but generally good - in retrospect
2. usually, when i'm not so sleep deprived
3. take classes and work in studio
4. because of #3
5. yes, if you keep reading this blog
6. erm....sometimes...on occasion...maybe?
but to be honest, i'm tired of my one sentence responses and the looks of deep sympathy i often get when telling people how things really have been. yes, arch school and mit are a recipe for challenges and sleepless nights galore, but it's also been much more than just those hardships. hopefully a new start at shooting words into cyberspace will help clear that up (or, maybe reinforce them...who knows).
in between, hopefully i'll get around to inserting some thoughts on cool design things, piquant articles, places traveled, and photos taken.
and, as a recap for last semester:
1st project: the bridge
create a bridge by designing a single unit to be aggregated (aka stacked together) together. and did i mention it had to be made of paper? by slicing the strip of paper, i was able to stack and nest the units in a fan-like way.
my summaries are really sparse and don't really explain it fully...but ask me later for more detail if you're actually interested. it takes too long to flesh out sometimes.
so...onward we go. 2nd semester starts tomorrow - joys!